College of Health and Human Services
Health and Human Services Heroes
Honoring those who make a difference.
This annual event honors dedicated individuals who work within the Health and Human Service field to create positive and meaningful change for others in their respective communities. Each of the 10 heroes honored were nominated by each of the departments, centers and institutes within the College of Health and Human Services, representing a wide range of disciplines.
Our 2018 Heroes include:
- Erica Alexander, Public Health Nurse
- Danella Barnes-Penman, former Physical Education teacher, Sanger Unified School District
- Connie Clendenan, former CEO, Valley Teen Ranch
- Cynthia Fuller, Physical Therapist
- Mikal Kirchner, Director of Recreation and Community Services, City of Selma
- David Luchini, Assistant Director, Fresno County Department of Public Health
- Bethanie Mills, Senior Manager of Patient Access, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Central California
- Lupe Mirelez, NICU Nurse, Community Regional Medical Center
- Courtney Young, Speech-Language Pathologist, Community Regional Medical Center
You can learn more about our 2018 Heroes by clicking on their name and by visiting our blog.