Department of Public Health
The vision of the Master of Public Health program is to create healthy communities through sustainable public health strategies that address diversity, health equity and radical disparities.
Master of Public Health Program Mission
The mission of the Master of Public Health Program is to promote, preserve, and restore health. This is accomplished by educating graduate students to be effective leaders and competent practitioners at the local, national, and international levels.
- To utilize a competency-based curriculum planning and evaluation system in order to be able to effectively evaluate the public health knowledge, skills, and attitudes of students.
- Ensure all MPH students are prepared to assume leadership roles in a public health and health education settings.
Scholarly Activity Goals
- To promote and foster an interactive environment conducive to student and faculty search for and exploration of established and innovative concepts related to Public Health.
- To stimulate the design of research and projects that have a practical application to the reality of the community we serve.
- Promote active involvement in serving the Fresno campus, communities, and Central California region.
- Strengthen relationships between Fresno State and public or private community organizations in order to provide opportunities for faculty, students, and graduates to help meet the health needs of the Central California region.