Central California Sports Sciences Institute
Robert A. Huggins, Samantha E. Scarneo, Douglas J. Casa, Luke N. Belval, Kate S. Carr, George Chiampas, Michael Clayton, Ryan M. Curtis, A. J. Duffy III, Alexandra Flury, Matthew Gammons, Yuri Hosokawa, John F. Jardine, Cynthia R. LaBella, Rachael Oats, Jack W. Ransone, Scott R. Sailor, Katie Scott, Rebecca L. Stearns, Lesley W. Vandermark, and Timothy Weston (2017) The Inter-Association Task Force Document on Emergency Health and Safety: Best-Practice Recommendations for Youth Sports Leagues. Journal of Athletic Training: April 2017, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 384-400. https://doi.org/10.4085/1062-6050-52.2.02
Margaret E. Ciccolella; Chris Ludwig; Mark Van Ness; Scott Sailor; Christopher Pond (2017) Concussion Policy and Law: Primacy or Subservience for the Athletic Trainer? Athletic Training and Sports Health Care. 2017; 9(4):149-153 https://doi.org/10.3928/19425864-20170504-04
Yuri Hosokawa, Douglas J. Casa, Henry Rosenberg, John F. Capacchione, Emmanuel Sagui, Sheila Riazi, Luke N. Belval, Patricia A. Deuster, John F. Jardine, Stavros A. Kavouras, Elaine C. Lee, Kevin C. Miller, Sheila M. Muldoon, Francis G. O'Connor, Scott R. Sailor, Nyamkhishig Sambuughin, Rebecca L. Stearns, William M. Adams, Robert A. Huggins, and Lesley W. Vandermark (2017) Round Table on Malignant Hyperthermia in Physically Active Populations: Meeting Proceedings. Journal of Athletic Training: April 2017, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 377-383. https://doi.org/10.4085/1062-6050-52.2.06
Pettitt, R.W., Sailor, S.R., Lentell, G., Tanner, C., Murray, S.R., Yergason’s Test: Discrepancies in Description and Implications for Diagnosing Biceps Subluxation, Athletic Training Education Journal; 2008;3(4):143-147
1. Telehealth Gait Balance and Mobility Clinic - Educational and experiential Learning Model for Emerging Innovative Pedagogy in Physical Therapy Education - Funded Project: Chancellor’s Research Scholarship and Creative Activity (RSCA) Award 2022
2. Project “PATIENCE” - Physical and Psychological Wellness related Access to Telehealth through Interprofessional Education based Community Clinic for Central Valley. This project involved faculty and students from the dept. of physical therapy, nursing, social work and public health in the CHHS. Funded Project: Provost Research Scholarship and Creative Activity Award 2021
3. Telehealth based Simulated learning experiences to Provide Interprofessional Education to health science students. This project involved faculty and students from the dept. of physical therapy, nursing, social work and public health in the CHHS
Collaborators from CHHS: Dr. Nupur Hajela, Dr. Leslie Zarrinkhameh, Dr. Cheryl Hickey (Dept. of Physical Therapy), Dr. Mohammad Rahman (Dept. of Public Health), Dr. Harkirat Bal, Dr. Eileen Jimenez (Dept. of Nursing), Dr. Candy Madrigal (Dept. of Social Work Education)
Submitted Abstracts to conferences:
1. Accepted Podium Presentation: Educational leadership Conference (ELC) Oct 2022
Telehealth based Simulated learning experiences to Provide Interprofessional Education in Doctor of Physical Therapy Curriculum. Authors: Nupur Hajela, Leslie Zarrinkhameh, Cheryl Hickey, Mohammad Rahman, Amanda Hutcherson, Harkirat Bal, Eileen Jimenez, Candy Madrigal
Selected Peer reviewed Presentations on Telehealth and Technology in Rehabilitation:
▪ International presentation – Delivered presenter of the panel -Telerehabilitation: An Innovative Educational Model for Community Care. Organized by Motus Academy, Singapore. May 22 2022
▪ International CME presentation on the Topic: Telehealth for community population- Challenges and opportunities. It was organized by Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research, Kolar. Karnataka, India. It was attended by rehab professionals and students in south east Asian countries and USA, May 2022
▪ Poster Presentation (online) – Title: Innovative Pedagogy of Telehealth Based Physical Therapy Education: Reimagining the Client and Student Learning Outcome. CSM Conference 2022, USA.
▪ Panel Presenter: When, Where, How of Telehealth Education in Physical Therapy ACAPT - American Council of Academic Physical Therapy Webinar, USA – Nov 12, 2020: 0.2 CEU course
▪ Poster Presenter: Virtual Clinical Learning: An Innovative Telehealth Model for Physical Therapy Education during COVID -19 Combined Section Meetings (CSM) 2021: POSTER ID #: 28939
▪ International Conference Panel Presenter: World Physiotherapy Congress– Sept 2020 - Navigating COVID-19 with Digital Practice and Telehealth in Physiotherapy: Lessons from Academic and Clinical Settings in the United States
▪ Poster Presenter: American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine (ACRM), USA 2020, Panel Evaluation of a Novel Digital Fall Risk Assessment Application Vs Traditional Functional Gait and Balance Assessments in older adults at a community balance screening: Nupur Hajela, Peggy R. Trueblood, Charlie Kurchian, Will Pu, Nancy M Wubenhorst, Sheryl Flynn.
Selected Peer reviewed Publications on Rehabilitation and Technology:
▪ Nupur Hajela, Mercedes Dobson-Brazier, Jenna Sawdon Bea. Effectiveness of Virtual Reality Vs Standard Physical Therapy on Range of Motion, Pain and Enjoyment in Patients with Acute Burns: A Meta-Analysis and Evidence Based Review. Archives of Clinical and Biomedical Research 6 (2022): 74-9
▪ Almhdawi KA, Obeidat D, Kanaan SF, Hajela N, Bsoul M, Arabiat A, Alazrai A, Jaber H, Alrabbaie H. Almhdawi KA, Obeidat D, Kanaan SF, Hajela N, Bsoul M, Arabiat A, Alazrai A, Jaber H, Alrabbaie H. University professors' mental and physical well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic and distance teaching. WORK A Journal of Prevention, Assessment & Rehabilitation. 2021;69(4):1153-1161. doi: 10.3233/WOR-205276. PMID: 34420997.