San Joaquin Valley Public Health Consortium
SJVPHC engages in strategic planning, training, capacity building, action oriented policy development and research to improve the quality and responsiveness of Public Health Departments in the San Joaquin Valley and adjoining counties.
The Consortium is a forum for County Public Health Directors and Health Officers to collaborate and exchange ideas and information and to develop regional strategies for addressing pressing public health issues faced by the counties and the region.
Provide leadership for a regional health agenda that addresses the social determinants of health in the San Joaquin Valley and adjoining counties.
Achieve health equity for all residents in the San Joaquin Valley and adjoining counties.
- Help all residents in the San Joaquin Valley and adjoining counties to lead healthy and productive lives through focusing on prevention by addressing the Social Determinants of Health. Continually work on building capacity of expert workforce. Engage communities, and utilize evidence based practices to inform and advocate for health equity in all policies.
- Expert Workforce: the Consortium develops a regional public health workforce that is culturally and linguistically appropriate, dedicated, trained in core competencies of public health and accountable.
- Quality: the Consortium achieves and maintains quality public health services through establishment and maintenance of continuous performance improvement processes in each local public health department.
- Health in all Policies: The consortium achieves health equity by addressing the Social Determinants of Health. The circumstances that people live in are shaped by the distribution of money, power and resources at global, national and local levels, which are themselves influenced by policy choices.
- Innovation: Promoting access to and use of state-of-the-art tools for improving the quality, relevance, and timeliness of community health information that will drive innovation to improve the health of the San Joaquin Valley and adjoining counties.
- Engaged Community: Engaging and partnering with the community for public health surveillance and assessment and community health improvement planning to strengthen the relevance and quality of effective interventions, and enhance the translation or results into evidence-based practice. Ultimately, this collaborative approach improves both the quality and impact of public health.
Mailing Address:San Joaquin Valley Public Health Consortium 1625 East Shaw Ave, #146 Fresno CA 93710
P: (559) 228-2131
F: (559) 228-2168
The San Joaquin Valley Public Health Consortium Administrative Office is located within the Central California Center for Health and Human Services