Advising and Career Development Center
About our Center
Advising Expectations and Policy
*All students must have their Student ID prior to their advising appointment. Students without proper ID will not be able to meet with an Academic Counselor.
Meet our Team
The Advising and Career Development Center (ACDC) offers a Peer Mentor Program targeted to first time freshmen students who need additional support in English and math. The mission of the Peer Mentor Program is to assist this student population to have a smooth transition into Fresno State, promote intellectual development and academic success as well as encourage connections within the broader campus community. Besides being able to meet with CHHS ACDC counselors, students in the Peer Mentor Program will have extra support from the designated ACDC peer mentors. ACDC peer mentors can help you with:
- Connecting and referring you to on and off campus resources
- Navigating Canvas, Bulldog Connect, and any other platform used on campus
- With time management and organizational skills
- Setting academic and personal goals
- Understanding your syllabus
- Helping you communicate with your instructors
- Registration tips
- Informing you about on campus events
If you have further questions regarding our Peer Mentor Program please contact our front desk at (559)278-5027 or stop by McLane 194.
Undergraduate students must maintain a 2.00 GPA in both your campus and your cumulative GPAs to remain in academic “Good Standing”. If either campus or total GPA falls below a 2.00, you will be subject to either “Academic Probation” or “Academic Disqualification”. Students that fall into "Academic Probation" or "Academic Probation: Disqualification Range" will follow the protocol below.
- Probation students will receive emails at the beginning of the semester to schedule an appointment with one of our academic counselors to review the probation policy and complete needs assessment.
- Probation students will also meet twice with our graduate intern for goal planning based on their needs.
- Students must complete all three meetings for their registration hold to be removed.