Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Advising and Career Development Center

Major Departments and Change of Major Processes

The Department of Communicative Disorders and Deaf Studies at California State University, Fresno is to disseminate knowledge and train professionals in speech-language pathology, audiology, deaf education and interpreting who will provide quality service to the public. The department will provide a stimulating learning environment for enhancing personal and educational development, promoting understanding of people of various cultures, and offering opportunities for research and scholarship in communicative disorders and deaf studies.

CSDS Department

Change of Major -Please See the Advising and Carrer Development Center (ACDC)

Welcome to the Department of Kinesiology at California State University, Fresno. Our goal is to make your life better by providing an education and a variety of practical experiences, workshops and certifications which will help you create a professional career.

Kinesiology Department

Change of Major - Sport Administration and Physical Education- Please contact the Department Directly 
Change of Major- Exercise Science - Please See the Advising and Career Development Center (ACDC)

The scope of nursing practice is changing significantly. The professional nurse uses theory and research-based knowledge to provide direct and indirect care to individuals, families, groups, and communities.

In the role as designer, manager, and coordinator of care, nurses collaborate with patients and interdisciplinary care teams. The department offers an undergraduate program which leads to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, a post-baccalaureate School Nurse Services Credential Program with an option to pursue the master's degree in nursing, a graduate program leading to a Master of Science in Nursing, a Post-Master's Nurse Practitioner Credential Program, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice program.

Nursing Department-

Nursing Change of Major- Please See the Advising and Career Development Center (ACDC)

The Physical Therapy Department is located in the College of Health and Human Services, with an entry-level 3 year post-baccalaureate Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree supported by the Division of Graduate Studies. The Department has two on-site clinics: the Gait, Balance, and Mobility Research and Education Center and the Musculoskeletal Care Clinic. These on-site clinics were developed to provide a service to the community and students at Fresno State, as well as provide a very unique opportunity for our graduate students enrolled in the DPT program to integrate classroom teaching into patient care very early on in the curriculum. The Department also strongly supports scientific inquiry and critical thinking within the curriculum and among the faculty. The faculty is involved in a variety of clinical and translational research studies.

Physical Therapy Department

The mission of the Department of Public Health is to promote, preserve, and restore health. This is accomplished by educating undergraduate and graduate students to be effective leaders and practitioners at the local, national, and international levels.

The Department of Public Health offers curricula based on principles of public health practices leading to a Bachelor of Science degree at the undergraduate level and a Master of Public Health Degree.

The Bachelor of Science in Health Science and the Master of Public Health (MPH) are designed to prepare students for careers with official and voluntary health agencies at the federal, state, or local levels of government as well as the private sector.

The options are designed to provide basic education for careers in environmental health, industrial hygiene, community health, public health, occupational health and the allied health professions.

The Master of Public Health degree is designed for individuals seeking a professional degree in Public Health. This degree is recognized throughout the world and is currently under probationary accredited status by the Council of Education for Public Health (CEPH).

Public Health Department

Change of Major- Community Health -Please click on link to fill out interest form
Change of Major- Health Administration and Environmental Occupational Health and Safety 
  • Meet with the Public Health Department advisor for the option you are interested in to go over
    the option and determine if your total units will be over 144 units. Please contact the Public
    Health Department for advisor information.

  • CHANGE OF MAJOR FORM: Fill out “Part I - Student Selection” on the correct change of major
    form and sign and date. Email your form to the Public Health Department at
    The Public Health Department will help verify your GPA, units earned, and the anticipated
    number of units completed with the academic plan change. Once confirmed, the Public Health
    Department will send the form for signatures.

    After the signatures, the student must send their change of major form to University Registrar at for processing. Please also CC the Public Health Department at in the email so the department can verify the form has been sent.

Welcome to the Department of Recreation Administration! Please take some time to explore our website and learn more about our major, certificates, courses, and the E.D.G.E. Challenge Course. Contact us by email or by calling (559) 278-2838 

Recreation Administration Department

Change of Major- All RA Option -Please contact the Department Directly 

The profession of social work is dedicated to meeting the diverse social service needs of special populations of individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. As a practice-oriented profession, social work deals with social concerns that range from societal oppression to people's emotional/behavioral problems. The social work practitioner helps at-risk populations which typically include people of color; women; people who are recent refugees; those who are older adults, poor, and/or homeless; children and adults who are abused/neglected; people who have chronic mental illness; those who are developmentally disabled; those who have physical illnesses or disabilities; and those who abuse substances or engage in criminal activities.

Social Work Department 

Change of Major Social Work- Please See the Advising and Career Development Center (ACDC)

View our Pre-health Program page for more detailed information.