College of Health and Human Services
Making an Impact
With seven academic disciplines and a wide range of centers and institutes, the college continues to encourage and champion our over nearly 4,000 students, who go on to serve our diverse region as healthcare practitioners, human services professionals, educators, researchers, advocates and leaders.
- CHHS awards the most degrees of any other college at Fresno State, graduating nearly
1,050 students annually
- Nearly 80% of our students are from the San Joaquin Valley and a majority go on to
serve the region after earning their degrees
- Our college offers two out of the three total doctoral programs on campus - Doctor
of Physical Therapy and Doctor of Nursing Practice. In fact, of all doctoral degrees
awarded at the University, 57% are from CHHS.
- The number of service-learning hours and community service hours completed by our
students is more than 270,700.
- Our college received $18.6 million in grants and contracts - among the highest at
- 70% of our incoming freshman are first-generation college students making them the
first in their families to attend college
- The colleges' Advising and Career Development Center provides over 6,530 advising
appointments each year
- Our transfer students have an 82% four-year graduation rate
- According to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, the students in our college make up 17% of the entire Fresno State student body
"To provide a professionally oriented education at the undergraduate level and to provide graduate programs in specialized disciplines that serve the needs of students - as well as foster the emerging needs of residents and health and human service providers in the Central California region."
Current and Former Rankings
#1 ranked Physical Therapy program in the state, based on quality and affordability (source: collegestart.org)
#2 ranked Recreation Admininstration program for offering best value bachelor's and leisure degree in the U.S. (source: collegevaluesonline.com)
#2 ranked School of Nursing according to Nurse Journal's rankings for America's Best Nursing Schools Online