Department of Kinesiology
Sport Psychology graduate students typically apply their knowledge and skills to careers in teaching, coaching, and athletic training. Our alumni have earned positions as university and community college instructors, head college coaches, physical education teachers and coaches in K-12 schools, and athletic trainers in college and community settings. Our students have also gained entrance into leading sport psychology doctoral programs at schools such as Boston University, Florida State University, Louisiana State University, Michigan State University, Oregon State University, the University of Northern Colorado, and the University of Ottawa.
The diversity, and success, of our students is highlighted in profiles of some of our alumni.
- David Barton is as a physical education teacher student-athlete advisor at Edison High School in Fresno, CA.
- Alisa Ward (Boon) is an adjunct professor and assistant soccer / track & field coach at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego, CA.
- Tom Brandstater is a quarterback with the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League.
- Erik Farfan is the head women’s soccer coach at Fresno Pacific University in Fresno, CA.
- Brittany Glynn is pursuing a doctorate at the University of Ottawa in Canada.
- Jeff Grady is assistant coach (passing game/quarterback coordinator) with the California State University, Fresno football team.
- Chris Hall is head men’s golf coach at California State University, Sacramento.
- Dr. Coreen Harada is a senior researcher with the Army Center for Enhanced Performance at West Point Military Academy in NY.
- Sarah Hawkins (McCord) is Assistant Aquatics Director at Quince Orchard Swim & Tennis Club in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Crystal Johnson is a lecturer and PEAK Performance consultant in the Department of Physical Education & Kinesiology at California State University, Bakersfield.
- Sharon Kerr is a golf professional and mental training coach in Fresno, CA.
- Dr. Nicole Kulikov-Hagobian is a part-time instructor at California Polytechnic University in San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Brittany Loney is enrolled as a doctoral student in Educational Psychology with a major in Sport Psychology at Florida State University. She is also employed by the Army Center for Enhanced Performance (ACEP).
- Kristen Mattox is in a tenure-track position teaching health, physical education, and sport psychology at State Center Community College in Madera, CA.
- Amy McRae is a physical education teacher and girls' volleyball coach at Monte Vista Christian School in Watsonville, CA.
- Dave Neer is the head men's and women's golf coach and an instructor at West Hills Community College - Lemoore.
- Allyson Niino is the athletics/activities director at Washington Academic Middle School in Sanger, CA.
- Sandrine Rangeon is completing a doctoral program at the University of Ottawa in Canada.
- Stephanie Reeves is the co-head Coach for the Equestrian program at California State University, Fresno.
- Adam Smith, adjunct faculty at the State Center Community College in Fresno, is currently completing a doctoral program in psychology, research and evaluation at Walden University.
- Costas Tsouloupas is completing a doctoral program at Louisiana State University.
- Mary-tyler Wahl is the director of sports ministry at Mountain View Community Church in Fresno, CA.
- Kelly Wilson is co-founder of Director of Instruction for the 3D Sports Complex in Yorktown, VA.