Welcome to the Department of Kinesiology!
Department of Kinesiology
From a nationally recognized exercise science program to top sport, athletic and coaching programs that bring in students from all over the world, the Department of Kinesiology continues to impact the Kinesiology profession, one student at a time. Our goal is to provide educational opportunities and a variety of practical experiences that will help prepare students for professional careers and/or advanced study.
During their undergraduate and graduate studies, kinesiology students can expect to be engaged in educational and clinical research through our state-of-the-art lab facilities that put learning into practice. Students will learn from a dynamic group of faculty who have a wealth of practical and professional knowledge in the field, from teaching to research to health promotion and athletic performance. Student success is a top priority for our faculty and they are committed to helping students achieve their personal goals!
A diverse range of programs help prepare students to pursue a bachelor of science and/or master of science degree in a fields specific to careers in exercise physiology, biomechanics, sport and exercise psychology, public school teaching, athletic training, coaching, corporate fitness and wellness, clinical exercise physiology, and more. We invite you to explore each of our option areas and lab facilities below.
Available for KINES 190, 199I, 290, 285, 298, or 299
Contact a Kinesiology faculty member who you would like to serve as your Fresno State faculty supervisor for this course.
KINES 285 Special Forms Instructions
1. Click the "Kines 285" hyperlink below and complete the form.
2. Once the form has been completed. Download it and send it to Rochelle Harris at email@example.com.
3. The completed form, which will include all signatures, the class number, and permission number, will be emailed to you. Register for your class.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Rochelle Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete these online forms:
- Undergraduate (Kines 190 or Kines 199i)
- Graduate (Kines 290, 298, or 299)
- Graduate Supervision (Kines 285)
Step 3 :
Here are instructions of how to complete the form through Adobe Sign:
- Enter your contact information as well as student ID number. Complete your section.
- Enter the contact information of your faculty supervisor. This is a Fresno State Kinesiology faculty member who will work with you to establish the requirements for this experience.
- Enter the contact information of the field supervisor (Kines 190, 199I, and 285 only). This is the individual at the site where you will be completing your internship or supervised work experience.
- Enter the title for your project/activity as well as the description of what you will be doing, goals for the activity, etc.
After you complete your portion of the form, Adobe Sign with ask you to enter the individuals to where the form should be routed to. Please review further instructions below. After submitting and your confirmation, the document will automatically distributed to the various individuals who have to approve your request via Adobe Sign. This includes:
- Faculty supervisor (Please type name and email address)
KINES 190 is "Participant 2"
KINES 199i is "Participant 2"
KINES 290, 298, or 299 is "Participant 2"
KINES 285 is "Participant 2"
- Graduate Coordinator
- Department Chair
- Administrative Support Coordinator II
After approval by the department chair, the form will go to the Kinesiology Office staff who will issue a course number as well as a permission number. You will receive a copy of the form containing these numbers, via Adobe Sign, that you will use to register.
Note - You will be notified immediately if your request is rejected or needs adjustment but often the permission numbers are not assigned until just before the start of the semester.
To request a review of your eligibility to take a course for a third time, complete Third Attempt Form.
Note: Exercise Science students are not allowed to retake a course requirement more than two times.
The Department of Kinesiology Equipment Request form must be turrned in 48 hours ahead
of time. No Exceptions.
Please request your equipment by clicking on the link and completing the form: Request Equipment
For more information, contact the Equipment Room at 559-278-2101 or Carmen Chapman at email@example.com.
Jenelle N. Gilbert, Ph.D., CMPC
Department Chair and Professor
South Gym 114
5275 N. Campus Drive M/S SG28
Fresno, CA 93740
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(Closed 12 - 1 p.m.)