Department of Kinesiology
Welcome to the Department of Kinesiology!
From a nationally recognized exercise science program to top sport, athletic and coaching programs that bring in students from all over the world, the Department of Kinesiology continues to impact the Kinesiology profession, one student at a time. Our goal is to provide educational opportunities and a variety of practical experiences that will help prepare students for professional careers and/or advanced study.
During their undergraduate and graduate studies, kinesiology students can expect to be engaged in educational and clinical research through our state-of-the-art lab facilities that put learning into practice. Students will learn from a dynamic group of faculty who have a wealth of practical and professional knowledge in the field, from teaching to research to health promotion and athletic performance. Student success is a top priority for our faculty and they are committed to helping students achieve their personal goals!
A diverse range of programs help prepare students to pursue a bachelor of science and/or master of science degree in a fields specific to careers in exercise physiology, biomechanics, sport and exercise psychology, public school teaching, athletic training, coaching, corporate fitness and wellness, clinical exercise physiology, and more. We invite you to explore each of our option areas and lab facilities below.
Available for KINES 190, 199I, 290, 285, 298, or 299
Contact a Kinesiology faculty member who you would like to serve as your Fresno State faculty supervisor for this course.
Complete these online forms:
- Undergraduate (Kines 190 or Kines 199)
- Graduate (Kines 290, 298, or 299)
- Graduate Supervision (Kines 285)
Step 3 :
You will receive an email requesting you to submit several pieces of information:
- Your contact information as well as student ID number
- The contact information for your faculty supervisor This is a Fresno State Kinesiology faculty member who will work with you to establish the requirements for this experience.
- The contact information for the field supervisor (Kines 190, 199I, and 285 only). This is an individual at the site where you will be completing your internship or supervised work experience.
- A title for your project/activity as well as a description of what you will be doing, goals for the activity, etc.
After you complete your portion of the form, the document is automatically distributed to the various individuals who have to approve your request. This includes:
- Faculty supervisor (Please, type name and email address)
- Field/Agency Supervisor (If applicable, please type name and email address)
- Graduate Coordinator
- Department Chair
- Administrative Support Coordinator II
After approval by the department chair, the form will go to the Kinesiology Office staff who will issue a course number as well as a permission number. You will receive a copy of the form containing these numbers that you will use to register.
Note - You will be notified immediately if your request is rejected or needs adjustment but often the permission numbers are not assigned until just before the start of the semester.
To request a review of your eligibility to take a course for a third time, complete Third Attempt Form.
Note: Exercise Science students are not allowed to retake a course requirement more than two times.
The Department of Kinesiology Equipment Request form must be turrned in 48 hours ahead
of time. No Exceptions.
Please request your equipment by clicking on the link and completing the form: Request Equipment
For more information, contact Cecilia Garcia, the Equipment Room Manager at 559-278-2101 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jenelle N. Gilbert, Ph.D., CMPC
Department Chair and Professor
South Gym 114
5275 N. Campus Drive M/S SG28
Fresno, CA 93740
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(Closed 12 - 1 p.m.)