School of Nursing
Doctor of Nursing Practice Admission Requirements
- The applicant must meet admission requirements for California State University, Fresno
- The applicant must have earned a Master's Degree in nursing from an accredited institution or Master's Degree in a health-related field (e.g Public Health or Health Administration), additional post-baccalaureate courses in nursing theories, research methods, and transcultural nursing will be required
- The applicant must have attained a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 in an acceptable master's degree program
- The applicant must have current, unrestricted California RN license
- Be of U.S citizen or U.S permanent resident
- The applicant must have National Certification in nursing specialty or obtain certification prior to the fifth semester of the DNP program
- The applicant must demonstrate sufficient preparation and practice experience as an
APN, nurse manager/administrator/executive/educator/or experienced nurse
Evidence considered in the admission process shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Three recommendations from professional persons knowledgeable about applicant's advanced nursing practice experience, as well as the potential for scholarship and leadership. One of the three recommendations must be from the applicant's current supervisor.
- A written statement of purpose reflecting what the applicant expects to accomplish in the DNP program and how the DNP program will advance the applicant's nursing career and practice.