School of Nursing
TEAS (The Test of Essential Academic Skills)
What is the TEAS?
It is a computer-based multiple-choice exam that covers the following material:
How can I prepare for the TEAS?
- You can purchase a book of practice tests in the Reference section in the Kennel Bookstore (on campus).
- TEAS Prep products are also available for purchase at: ATI Test Prep.
How will the TEAS be used as an admission criterion?
Students must submit results from the TEAS by the last day of the admissions cycle. Students must earn a 75 % or higher on the TEAS, in conjunction with having a 3.0 or higher overall GPA and a 3.0 or higher prerequisite GPA, to be considered eligible to apply.
Can I take the TEAS more than once?
- Students have a maximum of 2 attempts.
- Students will be allowed to take the TEAS once more, beyond the 2 attempts, only after 5 years have passed from their first attempt. You can only have 2 valid tests at one time. When one test expire, you may take the test one more time.
How do I register for the TEAS?
- Exams are scheduled online ONLY. Please go to the scheduling link for days and times.
- You must create an account by visiting: https://www.atitesting.com/home.aspx
- Scheduling is now done online at: http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/examination/index.html
- Students outside of the Fresno area can visit ATI Testing to search for locations in your area.
What do I need to bring to take the TEAS?
Students need to bring a government issued photo ID and debit/credit card for payment. A student without a proper ID will not be allowed to test. Calculators are not permitted.
How long will it take for me to get my TEAS scores?
Students testing at Fresno State will receive their "unofficial" scores immediately after the examination. Please contact your advisor to see if you are able to use your "unofficial" transcript.
*Note: Professional Examination Services does not send scores to Nursing Admissions. Please secure a copy to upload to your NursingCAS application.
What is the deadline for submitting my score?
- Students can submit TEAS scores during the admission cycle for which they have applied. The deadline is the last day of the admissions cycle.
- You can only submit your score by uploading it to your NursingCAS application