Department of Public Health
Fall 2021 Advising will be via Zoom or Email
Faculty and staff in the Department of Public Health at Fresno State believe that good advising is the single most underestimated characteristic of a successful college experience and is integral to the retention and graduation of our students. As such, the department is committed to providing a superior advising experience for our students.
Students in the Department of Public Health are assigned an advisor based on their option (e.g., community health, environmental/occupational health and safety, or health administration) and on the first letter of their last names. The following information provides a breakdown for the advisors in the department. Advising in the department is conducted by faculty members based on the first initial of the student's last name. Find your option and the first letter of your last name in the list below to determine your academic advisor.
Academic Advisor Availability
The following link provides a list of office hours for academic advisors during the current semester. Please be sure to print your road map, DPR, and obtain your advisor folder from the department's office before going to see your advisor.
Please be advised that academic advisors are not available during the summer and that you should obtain your advising no later than December 1st during the Fall semester and May 1st during the Spring semester.
- Last names A-I: Dr. Greg Thatcher / email@example.com
- Last names J-O: Dr. Mary Garza / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last names P-Z: Dr. Helda Pinzon-Perez / email@example.com
- Last names A-H: Dr. Tanisha Garcia / tanisha@@csufresno.edu
- Last names I-P: Dr. Suzanne Kotkin-Jaszi / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last names Q-Z: Dr. Leepao Khang / email@example.com
- Last names A-I: Dr. Jaymin Kwon / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last names J-O: Dr. Susan Mirlohi / email@example.com
- Last names P-Z: Dr. Rohan Jadhav / firstname.lastname@example.org
- REHS Advising A-Z: Dr. Jaymin Kwon / email@example.com
The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) Academic and Career Center provides general education advising for the entire College of Health and Human Services.
Website I Email: firstname.lastname@example.org I 559.278.5027 I
- Community Health - Road Map (PDF)
- Health Administration - Road Map (PDF)
- Environmental Occupational Health and Safety - Road Map (PDF)
The Department of Public Health strongly encourages students to meet with their academic advisor at least once per academic year.
Class Planning Form
Students in the Department of Public Health may use this form to keep track of the classes they will take and the number of units still remaining to graduate.
Please note that to tools available on this page cannot provide an integral experience which can only be accomplished by a close relationship with your academic advisor.
Students are encouraged to visit with their advisor at least once per semester and during all University mandated times. Students should also visit with Mr. Frank Castro as soon as they think they have completed their GE requirements.