Department of Public Health
Master of Public Health Admissions
The Master of Public Health Program at Fresno State admits students who demonstrate high academic ability and promise and who have professional experience in the field. Applicants are expected to have a high standard of academic and professional preparation for this program and the ability to make significant contributions to the program.
In order to apply to the Public Health graduate program, students must apply directly to the University Graduate Admissions office. Apply online at Cal State Apply, an external site handling University applications.
Ready to apply?
Follow these easy steps to get started.
- Fill out the online Cal StateApply application
- Supply transcripts as requested
- Submit the required transcripts and GRE scores. All applicants are required to submit GRE scores.
- Pay a processing fee.
Any delay in the receipt of the required documents will delay review of your application. The Public Health Department's requirements for admission are higher than those for the university. Acceptance to the university does not guarantee acceptance to the Public Health graduate program.
Keep in mind - admission to the MPH program happens in the fall semester only.
• Once admitted to the program the student will be assigned a faculty advisor and under his or her direction will follow a pattern of study designed to be completed in three years with late afternoon and/or evening study.
• If a student is admitted and is unable to start the program, he/she will have to reapply for admission to another term. If you want to be considered for the following term, a new set of application materials must be completed.
• Competition for admission to this program is intense and only those who submit complete materials by the published deadline can be evaluated for admission.