Department of Public Health
Learn about our Curriculum
The Health Promotion Option prepares public health professionals to fulfill leadership roles in the development, promotion, application, and evaluation of educational and behavioral approaches to health problems.
In addition the Master of Public Health Program prepares individuals for the practice, supervision, program development and evaluation of community health education and health promotion programs.
Upon completion of this option graduates should be able to:
- Assess the individual and community needs for health education and health promotion.
- Develop, plan, implement and evaluate health education and health promotion programs for specific populations in various settings.
- Organize and coordinate health education and health promotion services to specific communities
- Communicate health and health education/health promotion needs, results and resources.
- Understand the relationships between comprehensive health promotion and programmatic, policy, and political issues.
Courses and Experiences
|PH 202||Advanced Public Health Statistics||3|
|PH 206||Environment and Occupational Health||3|
|PH 208||Health Promotion||3|
|PH 209||Advanced Concepts in Epidemiology||3|
|PH 210||Introduction to Health Policy||3|
|PH 223||Health Promotion and Policy Advocacy||1|
|PH 280||Seminar in Techniques of Health Research||3|
|PH 203||Seminar in Community Health Organization||3|
|PH 213||Health Planning and Program Evaluation||3|
|PH 225A||Foundations of Health Promotion 1||3|
|PH 225B||Foundations of Health Promotion 2||3|
* Also need 3 units of approved electives
|PH 285F||Fieldwork in Health||4|