Department of Recreation Administration
Frequently Asked Questions
No worries, we get this all the time! We are actually an academic major and not a part of the Student Recreation Center. You can find their information here.
Getting Started in Recreation
Welcome to the exciting world of Recrecreation! Our Department Chair, Dr. Samuel Lankford, would love to go over our major information with you to guide you into what area would suit you best according to YOUR intersts and goals. You can reach out to him directly by phone at 559.278.2624, or for an even quicker response, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll need to complete a Time Conflict form and submit it before the 20th day of instructions. Please follow the directions on the form. Note: the form is routed online through Adobe Sign, but there is an option to print a hard copy to fill in.
In order to get you settled in, you'll want to speak with your option area advisor. You can find them listed here by area and their contact information at the bottom of each of their pages. You will then need to follow the steps to complete a change of major form which can be found on the University Registrar's website. All the instructions are provided there and your advisors can help you through the process. We're so excited to have you as part of the recreation family!
- Please read both pages of the form in order to understand the required signatures.
- Please complete one form per transaction request.Email form from Fresno State email to email@example.com; processing time: 3-5 business days.
- Note: Newly admitted students CAN NOT change major/minor until after 20th day of instruction (Census Date).
- If you have applied for graduation as an undergraduate, you must submit the form to Undergraduate Degree Evaluations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each undergraduate student who wishes to change his or her major or minor must do so by following the instructions on the on-line major change request form to initiate the procedure.
- New graduate and postbaccalaureate students should visit the Graduate Admissions Office, Joyal Administration Building, Room 121.
- Continuing graduate and postbaccalaureate students should visit the Division of Graduate Studies Office, Thomas Administration Building, Room 132.
- International students should visit the International Admissions Office, Joyal Administration Building, Room 211.
We understand not every students passion is recreation, but we love that we can collaborate with so many of you! Each of our certificates and the applications can be found here. There is a link to download the application for the certificate in your area of interest which lists the classes you will need to take. For the certificate, all of classes required are open to non-majors.
Each certificate has instructions for turning in your application. Key points to remember are:
1. You must attach a copy of your unofficial transcript or DPR report that shows your final grade for all the required classes.
2. You will want to list your name exactly as you want it to appear on the certificate and the address it should be mailed to.
There is no due date for certificate applications; our department will process them during the entire year.
Please email your application and attachments to email@example.com
*Please note: During campus breaks and the summer months when faculty is off campus, processing times are delayed. We thank you for your patience.