Department of Social Work Education
Fall 2022 MSW Application materials will be available early October 2021 on CAL STATE APPLY.
NOTE: Applicants for the Fall 2021 cohort will be notified of their status by mid-April. Please do not contact the office before April 25th.
Your application will need the following:
Access CAL STATE APPLY application.
Complete all required sections and submit with required documentation before January 31, 2021.
MSW Application closes - 9:00PM Pacific time
You can find the Statement of Purpose questions when you complete the CAL STATE APPLY application. Your statement should enable the MSW Admissions Committee to make an informed decision about your potential for success in the Graduate Social Work Program.
All references should be listed in the appropriate area in the CAL STATE APPLY application. Suitable references include employers/supervisors, professional and academic references. Do not use relatives or social acquaintances as references.
- Official transcripts will be required to be sent to the Graduate Admissions Office as requested through the CAL STATE APPLY application process.
- Unofficial transcripts will need to uploaded into the Cal State Apply portal as part of the Program Materials section.
- If your undergraduate institution did not issue grades (e.g., A through F), the registrar of that institution needs to interpret your transcript to reflect grades.
- Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be reviewed by International Admissions.
Please be mindful that some MSW programs require a minimum of BA field hours for admission. The MSW program at Fresno State DOES NOT have a minimum field hours requirement so it does NOT apply to Fresno State applicants.
If you have applied to another MSW program, be sure to verify the prospective program’s current requirements, especially for advanced standing programs, as we cannot discuss other program’s requirements.
- Social Work MSW Catalog
- MSW Course Sequence
- International Student Services and Programs
- Financial Aid