Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Department of Social Work Education


Social Work Major Counselors 

All students have Social Work Academic Counselors and are assigned to the College of Health and Human Services Advising and Career Development Center(ACDC) Counselors once they have enrolled and are current Social Work students. The ACDC counselors are here to help students through the sequencing and process of the Social Work Major and all other graduation requirements for the university. 

Please note you will not be able to schedule an appointment with a counselor until you have already attended orientation (Dog Days), and are a current enrolled student.  


To schedule an appointment, you can contact the College of Health and Human Services Advising and Career Development Center.
Location: McLane Hall 276  I    Website   I  559-278-5027  I

Faculty Advisors 

All Social Work students also have Faculty Advisors that are assigned to help them in the exploration of the career related options within the field. For further information please contact the Social Work Department at 559-278-3992. 

Please note It is the student's responsibility to obtain needed information, records, transcripts and have them interpreted well ahead of your expected graduation date and to take the steps necessary to rectify deficits, omissions or errors. In order to graduate, a student must meet all of the University and Department requirements for the catalog year.