Department of Social Work Education
BASW Title IV-E Child Welfare Program
Requirements and Eligibility
- Full time stipend recipients must have completed required eligibility criteria.
- Priority will be given to current public child welfare employees and applicants who reflect the diverse client populations currently served by child welfare agencies in California.
- County employee applicants must have a letter of support prepared by their County Director approving their participation in the program.
- Only current county employees may participate in the part-time program.
- Enrollment, attendance, and participation in SWRK 128 Child Welfare course.
- Enrollment in child welfare field internship placement.
- "Payback" Employment Obligation via one year of full-time employment within a county child welfare agency.
- Completion of Pre-Social Work Major Courses with a GPA of 2.7 or better.
- Declared major in Social Work with a cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Completion of general education and upper division requirements by the end of the junior year if attending full-time.
- Completion of general education requirements up to the junior year if attending on part-time basis.
- Completion of upper division writing course.
- Clearance from your advisor and field placement interview with the Field Coordinator if eligible to participate in field internship.
Applications will be accepted October 1, 2022 through February 17, 2023
- Printable Version of Application for Reference
- Downloaded to assist you with preparing and gathering documents that will need to be uploaded during the application process. Use this as a checklist prior to beginning the application process.
Application Instructions (read carefully): The application needs to be completed and submitted at one time. It cannot be saved to return to later.
- Complete all sections that apply to you.
- There are multiple sections that require applicant to upload documents. Upload the
documents for each section, as you are completing the application.
- To avoid complications and/or incomplete duplicates, submit the application only once.
- For questions or assistance you may email Vincent Latham vincentL@mail.fresnostate.edu, Pearl Fraijo email@example.com, or Cheryl Whittle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention Mobile Device Users: Please note the size of each file before you attempt to download.